Even your mom will like it

Should we do a dramatic reading of Beowulf on air?

Monday, June 11, 2007

Mail Bag 6-11-07

What was the result of your question about the man-bag? You two definitely throw things out to your audience, but never give a result! What was the majority on what it should be called?
Check out the comments of the people here. The Element: C3 nation has spoken


FYI - it was Lancelot who sang "If ever I would leave you." I am not particularly fond of Camelot per se, but it was the first of the 3 shows I saw on Broadway when my parents took me to New York, and it just so happened that Robert Goulet was just coming into his own, and did play Lancelot. Since they were my first Broadway shows ever, they bring back memories.

I would totally love a Broadway review show with singing, etc. I probably am in the minority, but to me it sounds fantastic. I do agree with you about Marius - I always said he was a wimp! Some other bigger roles, that really are not that great, would be the young Lieutenant in South Pacific who falls in love with the Polynesian girl - he was kind of a sissy. Can't think of his name. Probably before your time anyway. Another would be Tony in West Side Story. Another would be the grown up nephew of Mame in Mame. Maybe there's a pattern here - the romantic male lead seems to often be kind of weak in strength and character.

Lieutenant Joe Cable was the name of the South Pacific character. I think you're on to something here... As I recall the GI Chris from Miss Saigon was also a sissy role to play. Come to think of it In Miss Saigon, both Ellen and Kim love Chris, while in Les Miserables, both Cosette and Eponine love Marius. I think its a love triangle thing...


Your discussion on Churches who have all the answers vs those who admit they are still searching, leaves me puzzled. Having been a Catholic all my life - you are right - I have never really questioned what they have taught me about Christ. But to me if you are going to belong to a faith community of any kind, it would seem that more could be accomplished if everyone were on the same page as opposed to questioning everything all the time. I have to believe that all these churches you refer to must have most of it right, even if some things are open to interpretation. Don't you think that you can spend far too much time trying to figure out every little thing about Christ and the Bible, and not spend enough time living like Christ? As long as you have the basics - like the 10 commandments for example, or the beatitudes, isn't that enough to get you started? I think you can put too much emphasis on finding the right church when time could be better spent just living like Jesus did.

No comments: