Even your mom will like it

Should we do a dramatic reading of Beowulf on air?

Monday, August 6, 2007

Mail Bag or um... Comment Bag...

I think you guys were talking about Waffle House this week. Well, here's a small amount of the methods they use to mark the plates. Pretty weird




(I've taken the liberty of cutting and pasting for you)




This is a photograph of a Waffle House grill cook's cheat sheet.The photographs indicate the way in which a cook marks his orders. These secret plate markers allow a Waffle House cook to simultaneously prepare multiple customer orders at once.Let me give you an example. If I were to order three scrambled eggs, dry wheat toast, and hash browns, the waitress would face the grill and yell out loud - "Mark: Triple scrambled dry wheat plate."The cook would then quickly take a large dinner plate, turn it sideways, and place a tub of jelly upside down at the six o'clock position.The six o'clock position indicates scrambled eggs, and the jelly upside down means wheat toast. I am not sure how to mark "dry" for the toast, or how to indicate hash browns versus grits.This chart explains why I often get a packet of mayonnaise with my grilled chicken plate.

No comments: