Even your mom will like it

Should we do a dramatic reading of Beowulf on air?

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Mail Bag 7-23-07

It is quite obvious that neither one of you has ever watched Survivor. 95% of the people on that show are "snakes," not the nice people you are portraying them to be. They turn on each other all the time, and connive on how to get rid of others. They all make alliances and then turn around and break them, they back-stab, etc. The name of the game is to Outwit and Outlast. There are very few really nice people on that program.

I have never shared your admiration for Hok. He is a terrific dancer in his field, but so one-dimensional. He cannot adjust over and for that reason alone, he should have been let go weeks ago. I think Sabra and Dominic have a good chance of winning - but things could change in the next couple weeks when they change partners. I never liked Dominic in the beginning, but he has grown on me. Jaime does not seem to have the well-roundedness required to win ( great dancer and great personality). I think Pasha is quite good, and Danny may be a great dancer, but does not have the winning personality required. I think Lacey can dance, but she doesn't ring true to me on her personality. It should be very interesting the next couple of weeks.

I am still hanging in on Pirate Master. I do not agree with you - I do not care for Azmyth at all. He pretends to be giving the crew a fair share, but inside I think he is quite diabolical and out to win no matter what the cost. I know this is the nature of reality t.v. - maybe it is his horrible dreadlocks that really turn me off. I think that Jupiter played dumb last week, and was not surprised to see her go. Up till then I would have thought she could hang in there closer to the end. At this point I have no idea who will win, and I am not passionate about any one person. But I do wish that the red tream could pull a win on one of these scavenger hunts. They need to change the pecking order up a little bit.

I do not believe that animals and the environment are here for our consumption and use. I think God put them in our care, and we should take care of it all as best we can, without using it too much for our own selfish needs, but sparingly so there they both will be here for the future generations to come.

Jay, that was a great quote - this world has everything, but nothing......... I didn't get to write it all down, would you send it to me?

You're still doing a great job, the both of you. You kind of got side-tracked from the initial discussion of this guy who was brought up on charges for making animals fight. But the discussion was good. Keep up the good work.

Here are the full lyrics to Derek Webb's "This World"
There's tarnish on the golden rule
And I wanna jump from this ship of fools
Show me a place where hope is young
And a people who are not afraid to love

This world has nothing for me and this world has everything
All that I could want and nothing that I need

This world is making me drunk on the spirit of fear.
So when you say who will go, I am nowhere near.

'Cuz this world has nothing for me and this world has everything
All that I could wanted and nothing that I need

But the least of these look like criminals to me
So I leave Christ on the street

This world has held my hand and has led me into intolerance
So now I'm breaking up, now I'm waking up
I'm making up for lost time

This world has nothing for me and this world has everything
All that I could want and nothing that I need (2x)

No comments: