Even your mom will like it

Should we do a dramatic reading of Beowulf on air?

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Mail Bag (7-4-07)

First of all, So You Think You Can Dance - Good show. Do not think at this point that Lacey is a shoe-in or deserves to win. The entire last season, from fairly early on, I knew I wanted Benji to win. He had it all ( and you're right, he was not the best looking) but his personality was right up there with his dancing capabilities. His sister seems a bit phony to me - a kind of pseudo-bubbly personality and I don't think she has the cutest shape. I don't think her dancing is far and above everyone else's at this point, so I will have to watch a couple more weeks to see if she can "rise" to a winner's circle. I don't think she has done it so far.

Pirate Master - Maybe because I have missed a couple episodes, or maybe because I am an avid "Survivor" fan, the show doesn't seem to grab me too much. Perhaps you like it because you have never watched Survivor, or Amazing Race, or any other show when the contestants get cut-throat. The addition of money does not make it more interesting than when contestants become "ugly" just because they are. I probably will continue to watch it as there doesn't seem to be anything opposite it that is worth while, but I find the show a little lame.

Your topic about is America Christian? etc. is a good one. I do agree that it is easy for Americans to be Christian. Most have the finances for it and they never feel threatened for their religion or their help. Does government have some Christianity as a basis - I would say absolutely not. The government has lots of money and when doing the right thing, expects lots of votes in return. If something comes out of politics as "Christian," I do believe that it is an accident or a coincidence. Most people in power are more worried about their image than anything else. They give to groups who have a big "vote" capability - I truly believe that most of the time they are looking out for no.1. Maybe I have a warped view, but I don't think so.

No comments: