Even your mom will like it

Should we do a dramatic reading of Beowulf on air?

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Mail Bag 5/30/07

Your main topic this week was an extremely difficult one. You are right - it is not an easy discussion nor is the solution. But if your podcast is to spark discussion - it certainly succeeded. I personally do not think that Jesus would ever condone violence - after all, even the "bad guys" are His children created in His image. But do you have a right to defend yourself? or your loved ones? I don't know the answers. Obviously no one does. I did like the statement that God's love is not bigger than our fears. I think that is a great explanation for all the violence and wars that keep happening! And I don't think you can fix violence with violence, nor punish murder by murdering. Just like you can't cure a child of hitting by smacking him. And one more thing - war after war after war - I don't think it will ever bring permanent world "peace." And I can never think of any reason why violence could be used to convert others to Christianity!!!!!

Your guest Gary was good - he had some decent input - tell him - good job.

Other new shows to follow: On the Lot ( although the show is not that great)
Hell's Kitchen ( starting Monday on Fox) the guy is a maniac.
A new show beginning on Thursday by the producers of Survivor - something about a treasure or pirates or ....
So You think you can Dance - by far the best of the lot!

Your podcast was better than usual. Not as much humor as I am used to, but the content was good. Keep plugging away

No comments: